mBank is a growing company seeking an experienced professional for the position of Financial Analyst/Staff Accountant to join our team in your choice of Escanaba, Manistique or Marquette, Michigan. This is a new position within our company. The successful candidate will report to the Senior Vice President-Controller.
If you have experience in finance and accounting, we have a great career opportunity for you. This position is responsible for preparing and analyzing financial information for use in making strategic decisions. In addition, this position will perform various accounting and reporting functions, provide support with regulatory reporting, tax returns, account monitoring and reconciliation, monitor cash flow, and provide support to the EVP-CFO and SVP-Controller.
If you have the following traits, this job may be for you:
- 2+ years of business experience in finance or accounting required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Economics, Finance, or an equivalent field is required.
- Experience working with financial institution accounting a bonus.
- Knowledge and understanding of GAAP.
- Knowledge and experience with various financial/accounting functions such as monitoring cash flow, corporate budgeting and forecasting, financial analysis, GL reconciliation, support financial audits/exams, and preparing financial statements and other reports.
- Ability to stay current on new accounting developments and how they impact our organization.
- Ability to effectively communicate to a variety of audiences and analyze complex accounting and business scenarios.
- Strong accounting software background required along with advanced Excel skills.
- Possess strong problem-solving skills and a work ethic that is flexible and takes initiative.
Compensation/Benefits. The position offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, career growth possibilities, and most of all, one culture that fosters a positive work atmosphere with a Bank focused on community banking.
Interested? Apply online below.
EEO, VETS, Disability, VEVRAA Federal Contractor